Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 35. Bike / Run

I altered my training slightly today. My knee is still bothering me (but not too bad), so I decided to not run today and that way I will be able to rest it until Tuesday when I run next. Instead of going out with the TNT group for our Saturday group ride, I went with my own group (Michelle, Jeff and Josh). I really enjoyed this because I was able to get my workout in (plus more) and it felt more like a social event rather than a workout. To me that helps a ton - I don't think people realize how draining this process is both physically and mentally. So, having people around to take my mind of of the training aspect of it - helped alot! So - thank you for that!

The only bad part of today is that I forgot to put on sunblock! So, I'm a little toasty - I'm sure it will fade by tomorrow.

The other fun part of today is that I bought a new watch. My other watch broke, so I upgraded. I mostly wanted it to figure out how long it is taking me to swim certain reps or when I have to swim for 20 minutes how many laps am I actually doing? So, I purchased a Timex Ironman Triathlon watch - nothing too special about it other than it will keep a 50 lap memory and looks cool. Now that I see my watch it puts me in the spirit to complete this race and possibly an Ironman one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment