Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 30. Bike

I woke up at about 5:30am thinking it was 7:30am today - it was a great feeling that I had 2 more hours to sleep. I love that feeling - I wish it happened every day! I did a nice 35 minute bike around the neighborhood. I actually am starting to find biking relaxing - like I do when I get into a long run. I know most people reading this are thinking I am crazy, but I like being able to shut my mind off for a bit (and so far biking and running) are the only ways I know how.

I had a BBQ with my roomies and my roomie's family tonight. It was just what I needed - some good food (I made some excellent salmon on the grill) and good company. It sucks having to give up all your free time during the summer and missing out hanging out with your friends. It's just when I do have free time, I just want to lay around and watch tv or sleep. I need to figure out how to balance things better.

Did anyone notice that I have been doing this for a month already! Woo hoo - I'm really proud of myself so far for sticking with everything. I've also had a lot of support from everyone and people are always stopping me at work and asking me how my workout was that day. It's great to see that people are actually noticing all the hard work that I am putting in!

Finally - time for bed!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you can cook? Glad to hear you are getting a little rest, things will start falling in place for you. You are doing great keep it up.

    ReplyDelete