Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 31. Run / Swim

Today was another long day - I'm starting to think that every day between now and the race is starting to feel longer and longer. I guess if I start mentally preparing for it - I'll be alright.

The run was a half hour and I didn't tire as fast as usual, so I guess that endurance is building. It's funny to think that I ran a marathon in January and now I am struggling to run a few miles. You totally start back at zero once you stop training - just a heads up!

The swim went surprisingly well today. I was focusing on how many hand entered the water and what my arms are supposed to do underwater. It was a nice 100 warmup and then a 6 x 50m focus on technique. Then it was followed by a dreaded 20 minute endurance swim. I'll be completely honest that I was slightly frightened by that on the schedule when I read it last night. 20 minutes - without stopping? Haha - well surprisingly it wasn't that bad. I made it through and I am here to write about it. I must say that I was checking my watch about every 3 minutes thinking I had to be close to done. :) After that, it was a 2 x 50 sprint set. I kinda chuckle at that because I feel like I only have 2 speeds: 1 - trying to pace myself and go slow; 2 - get across the pool as fast as I can so I can be done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment