Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 28. OFF! and Volunteer

Ok - so I've been really bad these last few days at keeping up my blog. So here is my attempt to catch you up. I'm still running kinda ragged - but I've been sneaking in sleep wherever I can. (but here I am still up at 11:10pm as I write this blog - so I guess I could work on that more).

Since it was a holiday weekend, they gave us Saturday the 4th off as well. Instead of training, I went to the AT&T National Golf Tournament in Bethesda, MD to volunteer and raise money for my donations. How it worked was that we ("Team in Training") worked the concession tent at the 7th hole. Apparently, the volunteers are supposed to get some percentage of the total sales that will be entered into our donation account. All I know is that on Saturday we raised around $40,000 - $45,000. I'm really hoping that between this and my last few donations will put me over the top - because I don't have the time or the energy to hold more fundraising events.

So after the tournament, I raced into the city to see the fireworks and see some friends. At the end of the night - my legs were killing me from standing for 8 hours straight. They hurt so bad it was hard to fall asleep. And the thought of having to do the whole thing over again on Sunday along with training - just really put me in a cranky mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment