Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 33. Swim

I have caught up on my sleep enough to attend another group led swim at 5:30am. I usually dread getting up that early, but once I am there and in the pool, I feel much better about my decision. I also feel alot better about myself after I see some of the other participants in the pool. I know that is a horrible thing to say - but I know I'm not a great swimmer - so it's good to see that I'm not the WORSE swimmer in the group.

The big challenge this week has been to do 20 minutes without stopping - I have been getting pretty good at this. I think the actual race should take somewhere under an hour to complete - so atleast I have something to gauge my progress by.

My big improvement this week is that I have started bilateral breathing. This means that I take a breath from my right side, do 3 strokes and then take a breath from my left side. It may not sound that hard or that challenging, but for me it was quite a feat. It really helps with rhythm and technique. So yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment