Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 22. Swim / Run

Yet another training day. My family is in town - so going to the rec center where my niece could go swimming in the kids pool while I did laps and ran around the track worked out for everyone. The run was just alright - I think I was just tired from Saturday's long workout and then from trying to entertain. The swim went pretty well - I put in 1300m which is only 200m shy of the actual race day. It took me 47 minutes to complete and that was with ample stopping every 50 or so meters. :) I need to get better about continuously swimming not just how many laps I can get in an hour. I know that next Sunday's milestone is to swim 300m continuous rather it be the freestyle or your safety stroke (mine is the backstroke) - so that is what I will try next week!

Since this week is our "recovery" week - that means no practice tomorrow, Friday or Saturday due to the holiday. I guess our bodies need a rest from the shock it has been introduced the three earlier weeks. I know for me - it's just keeping up with getting enough sleep is the hardest part. I also can tell that I am getting ALOT stronger, especially in my arms (since I never really used them before being a soccer player and runner) :) Buy your tickets here for the... gun show. :) Sorry couldn't resist.

Time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment