Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 15. Bike / Swim

I really did not want to get out of bed today. It was probably a mixture of staying out too late and quite a bit of walking around. So, I decided to call my friend Michelle who has been my Sunday workout buddy to help my motivation. We went biking together on the WO&D trail. This was the first time I was using my clip in pedals and shoes. And guess what! I didn't fall this time! Woo hoo. We biked for 45 minutes and in that short amount of time, I could tell a big difference between the new shoes and just wearing my running shoes. My legs weren't as tired, which is a good sign. After the bike, we went to Robeks for a smoothie. That was the first time I had been there and boy are they delicious. It may become my morning recovery drink after my work out. I feel that Robeks is the health nut equivalent to Starbucks. I may become hooked.

After biking with Michelle, she left me on my own to do the swim. I really didn't feel like swimming today at all. I went and purchased some nose plugs first to see if that would help out. Boy did they. I feel alot more comfortable in the water with them. I ended up putting around 1000m in today. At one point, I felt like I wasn't thinking so hard and was getting into a rhythm - but that lasted only about 50 - 75m. It's just going to take some time. My arms are pretty tired right now, not sure if I have the strength in them to wash my hair right now. :)

Another week has passed, my donations have continued to grow! I am now up to $1525! To donate, please visit: http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/nattri09/ashields

No comments:

Post a Comment