Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 14. Run Clinic / Run

Today was the group bike/run (also referred to as a brick - tell your friends, they will think you are hard core for knowing the terminology). Also a fun fact brick stands for bike + run = ick. :)

We started out with a run clinic put on my the owner of Potomac River Running. It was fascinating. I've learned that I have been running wrong the entire time. I have no idea how I made it through both of those marathons - but does explain why I run so slow! :)

Since it was pouring, we canceled the bike portion of training today and I will have to make it up tomorrow. So, instead we went for a 30 min run in the rain - slightly refreshing if it wasn't for the 100% humidity. It felt like I was trying to breathe through a straw. But, it did give me a chance to try to integrate the tips from the run clinic into my run. It will take some time to get used to, but it will pay off greatly.

Lastly, I noticed this huge bruise on my leg - must be from the falling off my bike. Shhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment