Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 68. Swim

I had an amazing swim today. I busted out the 1650m in 45 minutes. That is longer than race distance and I did it in a pretty respectable time. According to this chart I am more of a herring than up to human speeds, but maybe one day I can aspire to Sea Trout or Salmon. :) I'm guessing these are sprint speeds - when I am going endurance speeds.

Searobin (Trigla) 3.1 mph

Herring (Clupea harengus) 3.6 mph

Human (Homo sapiens) 5.04 mph

Sea Trout (Salmo trutta) 5.4 mph

Pacific Salmon (Oncorhynchus) 8 mph

I've been dragging this week and as of today it is one month away from race day. It is frightening in a way, eventhough I feel prepared. I also am starting to get burned out on training.. hopefully it will get better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment