Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 59. Run and Swim

The lesson of today is to stay hydrated! I ended up working out with Matt today down in Arlington and the Washington and Lee High School. The track was nice, but I definitely wasn't used to running on something with some squish to it - I'm used to running on pavement. It was pretty warm and I forgot to bring water - you would think that would be something by my side at all times. Oh well, I got through the run and kept up with Matt for the most part. The sprint at the end was my favorite part, I always finish strong and I think sprinting at the end of my workouts is part of that.

As for the swim, not so hot. I think since I didn't drink enough water, my body started to spasm (my foot and calf)! It hurts so bad when they cramp up like that. So, after a half hour, I had to cut my swim short. But I don't feel too bad, because if I would've done it myself this morning, I would've had to cut it short for work anyways.

So, now I'm going to rest, and drink tons of water to rehydrate! Hellooooo Gatorade!

No comments:

Post a Comment