Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Last Few Days...

Can you believe it? The race is almost here! Only 11 days away... kinda scary. I'm pretty excited, just need to mentally prepare at this point.

So, lots of things are going on right now. 1 - I started a new job, so some new stress there. 2 - I'm leaving for the beach on Saturday up until race day practically. 3 - The rec center has been closed all week for maintenance! Needless to say, I haven't been training much this week either. At this point, it doesn't make a big difference. My big plan is to get lots of open water swimming in at the ocean all of next week. That way I can get over my fears and really figure out how to mentally calm myself down. That's my biggest fear at the moment - getting through the swim.

I plan on sending an email out to all of those who showed interest in coming out to race about spectator information and what to expect shortly. That being said - I'm not going to be able to keep up on my blogging. So this will probably be my last entry until the day before the race, race day, and the day after (which I have to work on now..blah).

Thanks for all the words of encouragement so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment